Unit 2-discussion- copd. 1300w. due 1-13-23. 4 references.
Unit 2-Discussion- COPD. 1300w. due 1-13-23. 4 references.
Using the attached book CHAPTER 22 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 137 complete the following.
Read the following case study and answer the posed questions:
Mr. Les Brown has been diagnosed with COPD 10 years ago. He has been increasingly shortness of breath doing activities of daily living, needing to rest more frequently and feels he is coughing more often.
1. Explain the pathophysiology behind the signs and symptoms of COPD
2. What relationship do you see with Mr. Brown’s vital signs – 26 RR, 91% oxygen saturation, temp: 37.8, HR: 93 BP: 150/70
3. Describe the goals of care for Mr Brown. Make sure to use the COPD gold standards of care( https://goldcopd.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/WMS-GOLD-2018-Feb-Final-to-print-v2.pdf Links to an external site.) for your plan.
4. How would you follow up on your proposed plan of care?
5. What are preventative measures and treatment options for patients with COPD?
6. What are non-pharmacological for COPD patients.
7. What impact does COPD have on patients with mental illnesses?
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria.