Review the Financial Times video and use the resource-based view of international business strategy (IBS) by addressing the following:
- Evaluate Sony’s five-year performance versus major global rivals, both financial and strategic positioning.
- Characterize the salient aspects of the global audio and video equipment and consumer electronics industry value chain.
- Conduct a VRIO analysis of Sony’s major resources and competencies within its value chain.
- Do any competencies reach the “core” or “distinctive” level over rivals? How do these relate to their chosen generic strategy and value chain activities?
- Summarize Sony’s strengths and weaknesses. What are the strategic implications for Sony’s future IBS?
Save your time - order a paper!
Sony 2012 Annual Report and company website
- Company information: OneSource and Value Line
- Industry information: Net Advantage and MarketLine
Commentary may include Reuters, WSJ, Financial Times, or industry-related publications