Prompt for this writing plan, you will analyze your selected reading
For this Writing Plan, you will analyze your selected reading and state an opinion or evaluation about the author’s claim. You will then use evidence or key points from the selected reading to back up your evaluation.
Note: Remember to cite any works you use in your assignment. You will not be graded on the citations; the purpose is just to make certain you are practicing using citations.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- What is the author’s claim in the selected reading? In other words, what do you believe the author wants their audience to learn or understand better once they have finished reading?
- Have you identified new key points that the author uses to support their claim in the selected reading? If so, include them here. If not, restate the key points you uncovered in your Writing Notes assignment and explain why the key points from your Writing Notes have remained the same, even after conducting an active reading of the article.
- Describe the author’s target audience: what group or groups of people is the author trying to reach with their message?
- What choices does the author make within their writing to connect with this target audience?
- Explain your evaluation of the author’s claim: is the claim strong or weak? What evidence or key points from the writing best support the author’s claim? If you found the claim to be weak, explain why the evidence or key points provided did not effectively support the author’s claim.
Guidelines for Submission
Save your work in a Word document and include a page with references. It must be written in MLA or APA format. Use double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins.