Part 2: Policy memo (5 pages single spaced)
write about-Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Introduction/Boilerplate – who are they , who do they represent, and what do they care about?
· Suggestions for Defining What is “Healthy” – which kinds of foods are included in this definition and which are excluded? What is the criteria? Is it only foods from certain categories? Is there a minimum amount of a certain nutrient that should be present in order to qualify to bear the term “healthy”? Are amounts of specific nutrients present in a food disqualifying? Should the nutrients be naturally present (intrinsic) or could fortified nutrients be considered?
· Other Issues – address the following questions posed by FDA:
o Would this change in the term ‘‘healthy’’ cause a shift in consumer behavior in terms of dietary choices?
o Is ‘‘healthy’’ the best term to characterize foods that should be encouraged to build healthy dietary practices or patterns? What other words or terms might be more appropriate (e.g., ‘‘nutritious’’)?
o How best will consumers know when a food is healthy – how would this group prefer to communicate “healthy” in food labeling? For example, simply using the word, a logo, or some other way?
· Closing – summarize your main points and reasons why to conclude your memo
· References – the policy memo should be supported by at least 5 peer reviewed scientific articles as references providing data and substantiation to facts, figures or arguments made in the memo.