Max Points: 80
The purpose of this assignment is to become familiar with the treatment and recovery methods, modalities, and strategies.
After reading all assigned material complete the “Co-occurring Treatment and Recovery Chart” by filling in the information for the following categories below.
- Description or definition of the strategy: What is the strategy and modality? For example, regarding stages of change, what is the brief definition of this method?
- Key concepts and brief definitions: What are the common terms used in this model? Provide brief definitions for terms and concepts.
- Purpose/use of strategy in working with clients with co-occurring disorders: Why is this particular model or strategy used in working with persons with co-occurring disorders? In other words, what is its purpose?
- Overall successful outcomes appearances: How are successful outcomes recognized?
- How the strategy is used in various treatment settings: How might the strategy be utilized in the different treatment settings? Is the approach different depending on the setting?
- How the strategy aids in recovery: In what way does the strategy help the client recover?
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.