In chapter seven (7), we have learned from “The Path to Information Value” that 70% (seventy percent) of managers and executives say data are “extremely important” for creating competitive advantage.
In addition, it is implied by the authors that, “The key, of course, is knowing which data matter, who within a company needs them, and finding ways to get that data into users’ hands.”
Based on the company you have identified for your Final Paper, discuss 1) the data that matters to the executives in that industry, 2) who, within that industry, needs that data, and 3) some methods for ensuring that the critical data gets into the users’ hands. Remember to respond to two other learners’ post, letting them know if they missed any data or details in their industry.
A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide outside schoarly sources (for example, an article from the UC Library https://www.ucumberlands.edu/library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.