Think of an organization you have worked for or one with which you are very familiar. Diagnose the need for change and present a plan to transform the organization, utilizing Kotter’s 8-Step Approach. You will need to research the Kotter 8 Step Change Model extensively. You are encouraged to first review the Kotter’s Eight Step Leading Change Model (Links to an external site.) article. You may select any organization or department where you work or where you have previously worked; however, you are strongly encouraged to diagnose one problem area in the company. Attempting to diagnose an entire company is not feasible, and you will become bogged down.
If you choose a company similar to Walmart to analyze, select just one area that you think needs improvement. For example, Walmart is now very strong in online shopping, yet there are still glitches in the system. Delivery times are often late, the packaging method has problems, and some products come from unknown vendors that Walmart does not guarantee. We may know this from personal experience, but that is not enough. Statements, opinions, and experiences must be supported with valid sources. There are many articles online that you can review easily and quickly.
Your sources for this paper must include research for the company you choose, a valid source for the Kotter model, and your textbook. You are encouraged to read as many articles as you can find and contact the University of Arizona Global Campus librarians for guidance. There is bias, missing or incorrect information, and contradictory material in most Internet material. The amount of material can be confusing, but wade through it and question everything.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Include the following sections headings and additional sections as needed:
- Company Overview
- Kotter’s 8-Step Approach
The Final Paper for the course must be submitted to the instructor by 11:59 p.m. of the time zone in which you reside on the last day of the class.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not counting the title page and references) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Weiss, J. W. (2016). Organizational change (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu/