Use information from this lesson to complete the following writing assignment:
All societies have rules and regulations in place to maintain control and order over their population. Violations of those rules and regulations result in the application of sanctions. Think of a recent time when you used informal negative sanctions.
• What act were you responding to?
• How did your actions affect the deviant person or people?
• How did your reaction help maintain social control?
Refer to Chapter 7: Section 7.1 in your open-textbook for information on negative sanctions.
- Your paper should be two to three double-spaced pages in length, in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 point font size.
- Save your document as Lastname_lesson7paper.doc
- Attach and submit your paper to the Lesson 7 Writing Assignment – Social Structure assignment folder.
- Be sure to reference course materials and other resources correctly. You must cite your sources using APA to receive full credit for this assignment.