Given the information presented in Unit 1 and the materials from “Assignment: Executive Summary on Risk Analysis,” your task for this assignment is to:
- Identify at least five risks to the IT resources.
- Write an executive summary report that describes:
- The importance of a security policy
- Methodology to implement the policies to mitigate the identified risks
Materials from Assignment: Executive Summary on Risk Analysis
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Arial 12-point size, Double-space
- Citation Style: Follow your school’s preferred style guide
- Length: No more than 500 words
Using the materials you created from Assignment: Executive Summary on Risk Analysis in Lesson 1, examine how the development and implementation of an information security policy together with its accompanying standards, guidelines, and procedures can reduce risk in the organization. You will also discuss the need to maintain the timeliness of the security policy, and to periodically review and update it.
Assignment 1 on Risk Analysis For reference:
Refer to the “Case Scenario: Premiere Collegiate School” handout. Based on your discussion of this scenario in class, create an asset list in order of importance of each asset and then write an executive summary report:
- Identify all IT assets and enter a description of each into an asset identification and classification table, similar to the following.
IT Asset Description
IT Infrastructure Domain
Privacy Data Impact
Quantitative Value ($)
- Indicate in which of the seven domains of a typical IT infrastructure the asset resides.
- Indicate if the asset accesses customer privacy data or contains customer privacy data.
- Classify the IT asset as Critical, Major, or Minor.
- Critical: Generates revenues or represents intellectual property asset of organization
- Major: Contains customer privacy data.
- Minor: Required for normal business functions and operations.
- Assign a quantitative value ($) to each asset. Consider the measurable characteristics of each asset, such as the original cost and cost of replacement.
- Prioritize the order of the assets in the table based on their importance to the school. When prioritizing assets, consider why one asset should be protected more than another.
- Use the information in the table to create an executive summary that explains your list. This executive summary will be presented to the school’s board of directors.
Text Sheet: Case Scenario: Premiere Collegiate School (ts_premiercollegiateschool)