Classroom Scenario Analysis
To make curriculum accessible to English language learners (ELLs), teachers must be able to integrate strategies to help them develop social and academic language skills in English, and provide support by using comprehensible input and scaffolding. Accommodations should be based on current theories and research in language and literacy development, and they should address the interrelationship between culture and language.
For this assignment, you will read the “Classroom Scenario” from Pathways to teaching series: Practical strategies for teaching English language learner, in which Mr. O’Malley is a teacher of a mainstream 6th grade classroom with two ELLs in it, Maria and Mikhail. In a five- to eight-page paper, complete the following:
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be five to eight double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the text and required Curtin article.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center