Course: Business Continuity Planning & Disaster Recovery Planning
Due Date – 3 days
Course Project Assignment – Workstation Protection
“Discuss some of the challenges that organizations often face to securely backup the workstations.
In this data-driven space, cloud computing has emerged as a frontier in the technology landscape, which most organizations often adopt to store and manage business operations. So, why are some organizations still reluctant to embrace this platform to backup organizations’ operational and strategic data?”
Explore the school library to identify some useful peer-reviewed, scholarly accepted articles for this assignment. Ensure your citations and references adhere to the school recommended APA format.
Reading – Chapter 21 of the following text: Wallace, M., & Webber, L. (2018). The disaster recovery handbook: a step-by-step plan to ensure business continuity and protect vital operations, facilities, and assets. New York, NY: AMACOM. ISBN-13: 978-0814438763
Instruction for the Course Project Assignment for the whole session is highlighted below in BOLD. Please read the instruction carefully.
The Course Project Assignment is an individual project draft proposal that students will develop incrementally to fully become the final paper at the end of the course. Students will add content every week when the Course Project Assignment for the week is due.
As a security manager or administrator of a fictitious company, write a Security Plan Proposal as a project draft document with the formats in the bullet points below. Please note that the project document is incremental, starting with the first Course Project Assignment for this week (week three) and ends in week 15. The Course Project Assignments (CPA) are aligned with the corresponding Chapters in your paper (as follows):
- Week three CPA is your Chapter One of the paper – (Done – Assignment #1)
- Week five CPA is your Chapter Two – (Done – Assignment #2)
- Week seven CPA is Chapter Three – (Done – Assignment #3)
- Week 10 CPA is Chapter Four – (Done – Assignment #4)
- Week 12 CPA is Chapter Five – (Done – Assignment #5)
- Week 14 CPA is Chapter Six – (Current – Assignment #6)
- Week 15 is for collating and reviewing the paper for thoroughness
The paper format should include the following:
- Running Head
- The first page will contain the title of the Plan Proposal, Name of the Student, Instructor’s Name, Course Name, and Date
- Add a Table of Contents to outline your Chapters
- Include in-text citations and references in APA format
The recommended standard writing style for the school, and this course is the American Psychological Association (APA) format. Refer to the following link for more information on how to use of APA style: https://ucumberlands.app.box.com/v/apa-style-guide
Other resources include the School Library and the Purdue OWL APA resource, available in the following link: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
Plagiarism includes copying and pasting material from the internet into assignments without properly citing the source of the material.