2700 ba mod 2 case study
Module 2 Assignment 3: Case Study – Getting Emotional – The Case of American Express
Overview:For this assignment, you will look at a case study titled Getting Emotional: The Case of American Express. Prepare a written response to the prompt below using a word processor. Please save your file in .doc or .docx format. Your paper should be complete and should comply with APA writing requirements.For more guidance about APA formatting, please visit the APA Resources folder in the Student Resources course menu tab.*To view the grading rubric for this assignment, click on the name of the assignment and click “View Rubric”
- Read the following case study. This study looks at emotional labor and stress:
- University of Minnesota. (n.d.). 7.7 Getting emotional: The case of American Express. In Organizational Behavior. https://open.lib.umn.edu/organizationalbehavior/chapter/7-7-getting-emotional-the-case-of-american-express/
- Answer the following questions in detail:
- What are some other jobs that deal with relatively negative or unfavorable emotions daily?
- In what type of job might American Express’s open emotion policy not be acceptable?
- How can understanding emotional labor help with this situation for employees and managers?
- What would you suggest that they do at American Express to help their employees better manage stress?
- Make sure to outline how your solution can specifically help this problem.
- Explain the impact of stress and emotional labor on the individuals and the organization.